Nowadays, an average Singaporean student has a high chance of having weekly tuition or enrichment classes to attend on their schedule. It is so common for students to juggle these extra classes along with their school workload in Singapore. Singaporean parents are certainly opening their wallets at a manic rate. Spending on tuition doubled in the last ten years. These programmes are believed to help slow learners and support high achievers and are seen by many Asian parents as a constructive way for their children to spend their time. Most of the Singaporeans believe that tuition is beneficial to children’s education, especially for the average students. There is strong belief that the average student will benefit from having tuition and enrichment programmes among parents. Tuition is least viewed as beneficial for above average students. Even there is a wide range of primary math tuition centre Singapore which makes parents enroll their children in these kinds of programmes with ease.
The necessity of Private tuition:
The major reasons for Parents to send their child to Private tuitions are as below:
- They want children to stay competitive with peers
- Parents want their kids to succeed in their education
- As tuition has the only smaller number of students per teacher, they can teach according to the children’s ability.
- Even students can choose their choice of tutor.
- A Mentor can teach according to their learning styles.
- The extra review is done child’s work by both mentor and parents.
- As they can ask help to tutor, they have less stress in completing home works.
- The students who struggle are taken more care to develop their skills by conducting more test practices.
- As the children make a personal relationship with the tutors, it helps to build their confidence by cultivating them with more intelligence and potential.
- As Parents are busy with their schedule, it helps them save their time and effort on children.
- It makes children for discussing openly on a topic, which they can’t do and feel shy in a crowd of a large school.
Over half of Singaporeans with kids currently enrolling their children in tuition (51%) and spend more than $500 a month per child. This shows how much parents show their importance in private tuition. The families with higher incomes invested more in private tuition than families with lower incomes to increase the status of children with their studies. Noting the investments that families make, not only in money but also in time, an obvious question is whether the returns from the private tuition justify those investments. Some private tuition centres offer classes to prepare children for the Gifted Education Programme (GEP). There is a general mixed view on the necessity of these GEP preparatory classes. Most of Singaporeans support having these classes and, on the other extreme, around 20% feel that they are a waste of money. Most of the Singaporeans also think that kids should start with these private tuitions and programmes from primary school so they can have a strong foundation in studies. Visit here to know more details about math tuition centre in Singapore. In Present situation, many students and families seek private tuition as a sort of insurance policy, uncertain that they will need it but fear that they might lose out if they do not take it.